Search This Blog

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Medway Council's Medway Matters pamphlet - what's it all about Rodney

Having just received my obligitory copy of Medway Matters, I was struck by the number of times the word "Medway" appears in it (128 until I fell asleep - excluding email addresses adverts etc). Why am I sent this - all the info is readily available in local press or online? Who pays for this mag - is it me with my council tax ( it can't be funded by adverts because there are only a handful)? I have emailed Medway Council to ask how this mag is funded but have received no reply yet (will keep you posted). There are several articles that ask for the readers' feedback or comments - is this Medway Council's excuse for consultation? Can they then say that they have consulted thousands of people and have met their obligations? 
What are your views on Medway Matters please let me know - and by the way what has happened to the "Letters" page - perhaps they don't get any letters other than complaints?

1 comment:

Scribendi said...

Medway Matters purports to be a source of useful local information, but appears to be no more than an advert for how wonderful this council is and in this latest issue a propaganda tool for the the depressing idea of
Medway City.